头衔:未定义
帮派:未定义
帖数:713
金钱:3246
积分:0
注册:2014/9/18

[资料] [短信] [邮箱] [引用][编辑] 楼 主

Theres three things we point to

WINNIPEG -- They put points on the board, now the Winnipeg Blue Bombers have to put fans back in the seats as they opened the CFL season with a convincing 45-21 win over the Toronto Argonauts Thursday night. Arian Foster Jersey . It was a welcome change from the past couple of seasons as they dominated the Argos on both sides of the ball, although coach Mike OShea said they made enough mistakes to show more work needs to be done. Drew Willys debut as Winnipegs starting quarterback was nothing short of stunning for fans who have known little but disappointment the last two seasons. He threw four touchdown passes. "He just ran a good game. The No. 1 thing quarterbacks have to do, what theyre in charge of, is winning," said OShea. "He went out there and he helped win the game for us." OShea said it probably surprised some people. Willy had started only four games and won just one as a backup in Saskatchewan for the last two seasons. But the players, including Willy, said they werent surprised. The team has changed a lot from the one that went 3-15 last season. "I kind of thought I could do it but Im a confident guy," said Willy. "I knew if I went through my reads and did everything possible things would go right . . . We got off to a good start. It was nice on the first drive to score." Even Argos head coach Scott Milanovich praised Willys efforts on the field. "They protected the passer well and Drew made the throws that were there," Milanovich said. "Give him a lot of credit, that was an excellent first start for him." Aaron Kelly at wide receiver caught two of those touchdown passes as he opened his first full season with the Bombers with a 100-yard game. "Im going to change his name, Big Play Kelly," said OShea, who saw in a game what Kelly showed in camp. He joined the Bombers midway through last season. "I feel Ive got a good opportunity here," said Kelly, who entered his fourth season in the CFL and won an opener for the first time. He spent 2011 and 2012 with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. "I worked hard to win the starting spot here and just wanted to come out and start fast and help the team win." Penalties crippled the Argos, who had 22 to just seven for the Bombers, and 16 in the first half alone. OShea said they were a huge part of the game and noted one of Winnipegs, for too many men, led to one of Torontos touchdowns. Milanovich said his team needs to learn from the mistakes it made on the field Thursday. "Theres three things we point to that win or lose football games: protecting the football, penalties, and protecting the quarterback, and we lost every phase of that ..." Milanovich said. "We simply cant win with that many penalty flags." After a couple of poor seasons, Winnipeg has some work to do to bring back the crowds at Investors Group Field. There were almost 9,000 empty seats Thursday night and at 24,872, only barely beat the 24,000 who attended the Bombers pre-season tilt against the Argos three weeks ago. Bombers president Wade Miller could be seen walking through the stands personally greeting fans Thursday night. "As much as the players that have been here the last few years need this win, so did the fans and our players appreciate that," said OShea. "This community needs this. The players needs to understand that its bigger than them too." Cory Watson caught another touchdown pass, backup quarterback Robert Marve ran for a fourth, and defensive back Demond Washington carried a fumble in for a fifth. Canadian receiver Julian Feoli-Gudino, a former Argo, made it six with a seven-yard catch in the fourth quarter. CFL rookie running back Nic Grigsby ran for 122 yards on 21 carries for the Bombers. A 77-yard return by Brendan Smith set up Torontos only touchdown in the first half when Ricky Ray hit Jason Barnes for nine yards. They got another on a five-yard pass to Jeremiah Johnson in the second and picked up a single on a kick. Chad Owens carried a kick back 83 yards late in the second half for another Toronto touchdown to make it 45-21. Marves touchdown was set up by a successful pass interference challenge from coach Mike OShea, payback for a similar challenge from Toronto coach Scott Milanovich in their exhibition game June 6, the first time the new league rule saw action. Torontos defence couldnt put any serious pressure on Willy for much of the game and their offence was hammered by the Bombers, with sacks, forced fumbles, and intercepted or blocked passes. Ray and Willy both threw 12 for 18 in the first half but Willy turned that into 246 yards and three touchdowns. Ray had to settle for 141 and one. Willy finished the game going 19 for 27 for 305 yards to Rays 27 for 38 and 283. Trevor Harris came in for Ray late in the second half and Brian Brohm replaced Willy, although Willy returned for a few plays after Owens touchdown. DeAndre Hopkins Womens Jersey . Lee doubled and scored in his debut, Buerhle struck out a season-best eight over 7 2-3 innings and Miami beat the Milwaukee Brewers 4-0 Thursday to split the four-game series. Kareem Jackson Womens Jersey . PAUL, Minn.BALTIMORE -- Coming off two straight disappointing performances, Stopchargingmaria returned to form in a big way. Stopchargingmaria pulled away from Vero Amore in a two-horse stretch duel to win the $500,000 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes by a neck Friday. It was the fourth Black-Eyed Susan win for trainer Todd Pletcher, who also won this Grade 2 race for 3-year-old fillies in 2005, 2007 and 2012. Stopchargingmaria won three of five races last year and finished in the money each outing. This year, however, she plodded to fifth in the Davona Dale at Gulfstream Park before taking fifth in the Fantasy Stakes at Oaklawn. Any concern Pletcher had about his horse dissipated with her dramatic victory at Pimlico. "This was certainly her best race," Pletcher said. "To be honest, Im not really sure why her first two races this year didnt go as well as last year. Today she acted like her old self." Stopchargingmaria, the 7-2 favourite, sat back behind pace-setter Image of Anna and angled four wide near the backstretch before driving to the finish under jockey Javier Castellano. "It set up perfectly for us and I had a beautiful trip," Castellano said. "We figured there would be a lot of speed and I just wanted her to be in good position. At the top of the stretch, I was pretty confident." Stopchargingmaria is named for owner Mike Repoles wife, Maria, who he jokingly says likes to shoop a lot. Garrett Graham Womens Jersey. The filly paid $9.60, $5.60 and $4. Pletcher didnt stop there. Later Friday, he saddled Revolutionary, who captured the Grade 3 Pimlico Special -- the fifth win in 11 career races for the 4-year-old dark brown colt. Vero Amore ran second early behind Image of Anna and took the lead for the first time in the stretch. But she was no match for Stopchargingmaria. "I thought we were going to keep on going, then the horse came alongside of me and we just got beat," jockey Frank Pennington said. "She gave me everything I could." Trained by Robert Reid Jr., Vero Amore was coming off a fourth-place finish in the Grade 2 Gazelle Stakes. "I cant believe she still is not a stakes winner," Reid said. "What she lacks in size and maybe pedigree, she makes up in trying." Vero Amore paid $12.80 and $9.40, and third-place finisher Fortune Pearl returned $5.80. "I was pleased with her race," trainer Graham Notion said. "She won very impressively last time (May 2 at Pimlico) and she showed today that it wasnt a fluke." The winning time was 1:51.79 over 1 1/8 miles on a good track. Heavy rain pelted the area in the early hours, but sunshine peeked through the clouds at the start of the race. Joint Return, trained by John Servis, took fourth. Arethusa, with Rosie Napravnik aboard, came in sixth and Image of Anna faded to last. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheap NFL Jerseys
2015/3/18 11:57:51
 参考IP地址:115.23. * . *
 页次1 / 1 页 共1 条记录 10 条/页 分页:9 1 :转到