头衔:未定义
帮派:未定义
帖数:1080
金钱:4707
积分:0
注册:2016/5/6

[资料] [短信] [邮箱] [引用][编辑] 楼 主

Players can gain nike air huarache nm kopen

A ‘Call’ On The Expense of Uranium? April 26 jordan 11 gamma blue homme , 2013 | Author: Wille Smithe | Posted in Finance 
Interviewer: Before we discuss the potential of uranium shortfalls and the steep price rise in that power source, could you explain how you were given started with this idea, and what's the philosophy behind Strathmore’s acquisition programr of uranium properties?

Dev Randhawa: Several years ago, Strathmore Minerals started with the idea of acquiring properties out of the money at very cheap prices in the assumption that the uranium prices would recover so that our assets would be worth a lot more. Nobody was paying attention to the commodity we chose: uranium. Strathmore Minerals is basically a call on the cost of uranium. That’s how we started the company. This strategy is similar to what Lumina Copper (AMEX: LCC) used and what Silver Standard used. For example, the boss man of Silver Standard Resources (NASDAQ: SSRI) is on our board. Our first step was to buy each pound we could for as inexpensively as practical. The second step is to buy real estate that we think we can put into production. We are seriously looking for those.

Interviewer: But uranium has a dynamic environmental stigma. Why, then, are you enthused about this kind of energy source?

Dev Randhawa: As with most people, when I commenced digging into uranium, I presumed this was bad stuff. I presumed of Three Mile Island and everything else. The more homework I did on this, the more I spotted that nuclear power is clean and safe. That is essentially what uranium is utilized for the moment. It should be known that no one ever died at Three Mile Island. Nobody really died at Chernobyl. Yes, folk became ill. Compare that to coal or the oil spills in the fossil fuel sector jordan 11 legend blue femme , and the damage it has done to the environment. The difficulty is nobody is champing nuclear energy. Frankly, the greenies have done a fine job of burying the story. As I did homework, I found out France relies on nuclear power for about 78 to 80 % of its electricity wishes. I realized that someone did a fine job lobbying and built a extraordinarily unhealthy picture toward uranium, when really it’s needed. We don't talk about the cost of coal. We don't talk about global temperature increases. However look at what coal has done. Global temperature increases is a result of normal fuels. That is why you are seeing a growing positive response to nuclear power. As an example, one company has applied to put a new nuclear reactor into the US.

Interviewer: To what do you attribute the latest, steep price rise in uranium?

Dev Randhawa: Since last year, the cost of uranium (U3O8) has climbed back steeply back up. At one time, the price was moving up about $1pound every month. Uranium’s price is more in line with the cost of oil as opposed to other commodities. For some considerable time, we’ve only produced on average about 90 million pounds, when we needed 140 (million pounds). There's been a disparity for a number of years. This extra came from foreign sources, or from internal US inventories. Since the 1980s jordan 11 concord pas cher , we have been using more uranium than we've been producing in the western world. As a result, the extra that we’ve needed has come from Russia, the US central authority or inventory that resources had.

Interviewer: But most backers, not to mention the consumer, have no idea that uranium’s spot price has virtually tripled, since bottoming three years back. Why is that?

Dev Randhawa: Uranium only makes up one percent of the cost of running a nuclear reactor. The biggest allow for why uranium costs can go up, rather more rapidly than gold, is that uranium is unfeeling to its use. Uranium prices can go far higher. In casual conversations with one or two Toronto researchers, some believe it can go up to $80 or $100pound. For example, if the price of gold tomorrow went to $800oz., it'll affect somebody's purchasing choice. The bloke might say air jordan 11 femme pas cher , I was going to buy this ring and now it’s up 70percent because the price of gold is up. Perhaps I'll buy a silver ring instead. The same occurs with other commodities. Folks may change their buying choice primarily based on a commodity price doubling.

If the cost of uranium went to $44pound, the average consumer’s electricity bill might go up a few dollars. It isn't going to coerce someone to turn off their power. Nevertheless if the cost of oil doubled tomorrow, many of us would be driving smaller autos. It would make an elemental difference in how we behave. That's not. Going to happen with the cost of uranium. It is like buying pencils for your office. It's not going to modify the way that you do business. Whether or not no nuclear reactors come onboard for the following few years, the ones already there will need the pounds (of uranium). We have got a dearth coming up.

Interviewer: Why do you believe a uranium dearth is in the cards?

Dev Randhawa: Bottom line is: the nuclear reactors are going to run straight out of fuel. You've got to know that allowing takes a long time in the uranium industry. It isn't like finding a gold property tomorrow and perhaps two years from now you are pouring gold. Generally the permit takes at least 3 years out. Because nuclear reactors need it, which is what is causing the price rise. Demand has kept going higher, but production has fallen off the chart. In this industry there are only about 6 corporations exploring for uranium. At one time, back in the latter 1970s and early 1980s, there were almost 150 uranium firms. There hasn't been any underground mining since the early 1990s. And that doesn't even include a wild card: there has been talk that by 2020, 90 percent of the nuclear reactors coming onboard will be for China.

Interviewer: And w锘? Have you eve.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
LINKER论坛欢迎您!
2016/6/1 13:57:47
 参考IP地址:192.74. * . *
 页次1 / 1 页 共1 条记录 10 条/页 分页:9 1 :转到